Email best practices for great results to convert leads into sales
- Don’t buy lists! Our team has worked with bought lists and some times they will get delivery rates at 35%! That is a poor poor lists and will ruin your sending reputation. You want to see your delivery rate in the high 90%. If you getting below that you should be investigating why.
- Get personal! Use as much information as you have. Do you have a first name? Use it. What about their company name? Use that one. Do you know what content they are interested in. Make sure they are receiving content relevant to that.
- Take time to build your lists. I know this takes time. Some times it is easier to just buy lists. As I said earlier – don’t do that. Add forms to your website and gather leads that way.
- Segment your lists! Make sure your list is interested in what you have to say! Build lists based on your website activity and you will send very targeted emails.
- Avoid explanation points – especially in the subject line – this will trigger CAN-SPAM.
- Include only one call-to-action in your email. Make it short and sweet. Include a button with your call to action.
- Have a call to action above the fold. This will allow your reader to see their call to action as soon as they open your email.
- Your call to action should be clear and specific. Do you want them to download a pdf? Say that. Do you want them to attend a webinar? Say that. Avoid “Click Here.”
- Check all your links! Measure twice. Cut once. A client told me that multiple times and I think that every time I work on an email.
- Avoid thee from address info@ email – use a person’s name.
- Keep emails short and sweet. Add bullet points to make your email easier to read.
These are just a few we keep in our back pockets. Do you need help with emails? Reach out today!